[Aust-NZ] Meeting to review budget

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Dec 20 05:46:17 EST 2007

<quote who="Tim Bowden">

> I'd also like to see the govt forum held during the conf- The content
> there will by and large be part of the conf anyway.  I see it as a
> packaging exercise to help govt gis people sell the value of the conf to
> their big bosses, rather than generating substantial new content for the
> conf. Thoughts?

Cameron and I were talking today about having a one day Government thread
during one of the normal conference days, with presentations in the morning
and workshops in the afternoon. Makes it easy to consume, and I imagine many
Government folks would pay full conference price for just that one day.

> > * I expect we can bring down the cost of the conference dinner.
>
> I'm not sure we need to reduce it /too/ much. If we are to show off
> Sydney's greatest asset- the harbour, I think it's worth spending
> something. It's an extra that most international visitors will be willing
> to shell out for.

This one was about the potential to save by not doing the entire dinner on
"marine-capable vehicles", but ferrying from Darling Harbour to Luna Park
and having dinner there. Now *that* would be an amazing introduction to our
fair city. :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--