[Aust-NZ] Chapter Report

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Thu Sep 27 20:12:34 EDT 2007

FOSS4G2007 has now wound up, and I can relax a little.  The chapter
report I did on Monday afternoon went well, with a rousing chear when I
showed images of Sydney to publicise our intention to bid.  From the
comments I got throughout the week, it seems like it is quite a popular
idea.

The committee is going to open the RFP for hosting '09 in the next week
or so, with a view to getting a decision made by some time in November.
We will have to move fast, but I think we can do it.  When I'm back on
Deck Monday week, we need to organise a teleconference with all those
who would like to be involved.

Regards,
Tim