[Aust-NZ] Re: Costs of WALIS or SSC conferences?

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Thu Jan 3 18:00:53 EST 2008

Cameron,

See below.

Bruce

Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote on 31/12/2007 08:04:14
AM:

> I'm wanting to get an idea of the relative costs of other Australian
> Geospatial conferences so that we can ensure we are in the right ball
> park with the FOSS4G 2009 bid.
>
> Tim, Bruce,
> Do you know how much you paid for the SSC Hobart 2007 conference? (14-18

> May).

The SSC conference was 3 days + 1 for workshops.

SSC Conference  $850 (early bird member price)
SSC Conf dinner $120

SSC Conf 0.5 day Workshops  ~$165 - $400 max
 "    "   1   "    "        ~$250
http://www.ssc2007.com/highlights.asp#Workshops

CRC-SI Workshops ~$550 full day - $950 2 day.

>From memory ESRIAu conferences are ~$2500 2-3 day conference (I may be
wrong though).

> Tim, Chris,
> Do you know how much WALIS 2007 was, or how much WALIS 2008 will be?
>
> The 2 day GITA 2007 seems expensive at $1,321 for early bird members,
> $1,940 for standard, non-members.
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Geospatial Systems Architect
> Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
> Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
>
> Think Globally, Fix Locally
> Commercial Support for Geospatial Open Source Solutions
> http://www.lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts.html

Notice:

contained in this email.