[Aust-NZ] Re: Bid doc Draft 2

Dr. Markus Lupp lupp at lat-lon.de
Thu Jan 10 22:14:10 EST 2008

Cameron Shorter schrieb:
> Yes, good idea. Please provide something. You have about 1 hour to get it done.

Hope  that was in time (please feel free to correct my hastily written
english):

---
Sydney can be reached very easily from Indonesia and Malaysia, two
South-East Asian countries that have official, governmental Open Source
initiatives (http://www.igos.web.id/, http://opensource.mampu.gov.my/)
and are using a number of OSGeo projects for their SDI initiatives.
FOSS4G 2009 in Sydney could help foster and support these activities.
---

>> ----
>> Executive Summary (on page 4): A stay in Sydney costs significantly less
>> than an average stay *IN* Washington, London, Seoul or Singapore.
>> ----
>> Letters of support: depending on the time frame, lat/lon could provide a
>> letter of support
>>

> Good idea, but no time.
>

>> ----
>> 1.1:  This paragraph (and the rest of the document sometimes also) lacks
>> information about NZ (althoug the proposal is submitted by Aus/NZ).
>>

> Noted, but too late to change.
>

>> ----
>> 1.6: Add "lat/lon" to list of potential sponsors
>>

> No time.
>

>> ----
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Markus
>>

>> Cameron Shorter schrieb:
>>

>>> Cara,
>>> Comments so far. I'll have half an hour to look at the exec summary
>>> around midday. So please send any updates that have been made there if
>>> you have any.
>>>
>>> --
>>> TBD Cameron: Reference "Australian government has positive Open Source
>>> policy guidelines"
>>> --
>>> 1.3 Note that the proposed date has been booked in with UNSW.
>>> --
>>> TBD: Cameron to Determine number of delegates at SSC. I've left a
>>> message with Ihttp://icms.com.au (03) 9682-0244
>>> --
>>> (section 1.4 & 1.5 Waugh Partners) Number of Linux Australia delegates = 820.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Move section "Government Agencies" to the bottom of 1.5. These people
>>> have been referenced twice so reword as:
>>> Government Agencies:
>>> Half our committee members work in government agencies and we expect
>>> this number will increase as the conference gets closer. These members
>>> are key to evanualising OSGeo and attracting delegates from a major
>>> OSGeo user base.
>>> 1.6 Potential Sponsors:
>>> Under Google Earth add:
>>> "Google Earth has a major development center in Sydney and have
>>> offered speakers for the event."
>>> --
>>> 1.6 Potential Sponsors:
>>> Replace "Linux" with "General Open Source sponsors attracted by Linux Autralia".
>>> --
>>> 1.6 Expand CSIRO accronym
>>> --
>>> 1.6 Add sponsors: