[Aust-NZ] Re: Fwd: Bid doc Draft 2

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Thu Jan 10 20:31:07 EST 2008

IMO:

Virginia,

Some comments:

- Exec Summary. I do not like the term 'engaging the suits'. We need to
find another way to describe this. List members will find that a number of
us are actively canvassing the use of Open Source and Open Standards
within government circles. It has a much higher profile and more genuine
interest than many give credit. To that end, government is already
'engaged'.

A suggestion:

Page 4, para 3 -  change "We will expand OSGeo by engaging the suits in
the Government sector user base." to
                                      "We will expand OSGeo by engaging
with representatives of the Government sector user base."

- I like the idea of an alternative venue. When would we have to confirm
one way or the other?

Bruce

Notice:

contained in this email.