[Aust-NZ] Re: Strategic Investment in Geonetwork Open Source (draft paper)

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Sun Jun 22 19:46:52 EDT 2008

IMO:

Cameron,

I've been offline for a week or so. I'll have a look at this a soon as I'm
able.

Bruce

Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com>
19/06/2008 04:21 PM

Aust-NZ OSGeo <Aust-NZ at lists.osgeo.org>, Bruce Bannerman
<Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au>, Rob Atkinson <rob.atkinson at csiro.au>,
"COCHRANE BYRON, MR" <BYRON.COCHRANE at nzdf.mil.nz>, Simon Pigot
<Simon.Pigot at csiro.au>, Jeroen Ticheler <Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org>, John
Hockaday <John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au>, Robert Woodcock
<robert.woodcock at csiro.au>, Jim McLeod <Jim.mcleod at ew.govt.nz>, Peter
Woodgate <pwoodgate at crcsi.com.au>, "Roppola, Antti - BRS"
<Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au>, "Bleys, Evert - BRS" <Evert.Bleys at brs.gov.au>,
CliveB <clive at softimp.com.au>, Brendon Whiteman <bwhiteman at linz.govt.nz>,
Liz Kolster <liz.kolster at ssc.govt.nz>, "Richard.Murcott"
<Richard.Murcott at ssc.govt.nz>
cc

Subject
Strategic Investment in Geonetwork Open Source (draft paper)

With some prodding from a number of you on this list, I've compiled a
"Strategic Geonetwork Investment" paper collating key suggestions on how
to refocus Aust/New Zealand's investment in Geonetwork.

The paper aims to collate suggestions from all of you and build upon
these suggestions.

I anticipate this document to be used as a talking point to focus future
discussions and investment decisions in Geonetwork.

I'm looking for feedback. I'm especially aware that the section on
stakeholders is quite thin.
Could people please update relevant sections before Friday 4 July and
send back to me to be incorporated into a version 1.0.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally