[Aust-NZ] meetups or other activates for the new year?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:14:05 EST 2012

On 03/01/12 13:12, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Where did we get to on this Aust-NZ local chapter stuff? As I recall
> we still need to register as a non profit; have a meeting with
> minuets, and set up a back account. Pretty sure that should be in
> reverse order.

Before registering, setting up accounts etc, I question what value we
gain by setting up such official structures.

Registering, collecting minutes, running a bank account all suck a large
amount of volunteer time, with no net gain.

I see our primary goals being the promotion of OSGeo values in a local
context - like the meetups you mentioned. This can be achieved without a
bank account.