[Aust-NZ] OSGeo Local Chapter contact point update

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 16:00:42 PDT 2014

Hi Jachym,

I have checked the contact details for the AustNZ list and subscribed to
the local-chapters list as requested.

AustNZ has had very light traffic over recent years.

As a community, I suggest that we need to review our current structure and
debate the merits of maintaining a local community compared with just
participating in the International OSGeo forums.

@AustNZ,

Do we still need the local AustNZ community?

Do you find benefit from the email list and community?

You can find the AustNZ email archives at [1].

We currently have around 200 subscribers, but as you'll see from the
archives, most subscribers are not active on the list.

Bruce

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/aust-nz/