[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G-ANZ? - Doodle pole for kickoff meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:22:03 PST 2017

Hi all,

For those interested in being involved in a FOSS4G-ANZ conference for
2018, I've set up a Doodle pole for a kickoff meeting next week. Please
let us know when you are available.

https://doodle.com/poll/s3vdegqcqrdbxq4w

Meeting location: irc://freenode.net#osgeo

Agenda (extending John Bryan's agenda):
-form a committee & determine 'rules of engagement' (how do we work
together as a group?)
-broadly scope the event, determine key details (what is it? when is it?)
* How many days?
* Venue type?
* Target size?
* Target cost?
* Program?
* What location? (how we select it)
-select communication forum(s): email list, wiki, meeting times
-nominate and save the date
-plot out a schedule for the planning process
-identify, and begin engaging with, key stakeholders
* Potential bodies to manage finances: SSSI, OSGeo, OSM State of the
Map, other
* Potential champions: LINZ, GA, CSIRO,
-begin spreading the word!

Agenda (extending John Bryan's agenda):
-form a committee & determine 'rules of engagement'
-broadly scope the event
* How many days?
* Venue type?
* Target size?
* Target cost?
* Program?
* What location?
-select communication forum(s): email list, wiki, meeting times
-nominate and save the date
-plot out a schedule for the planning process
-identify, and begin engaging with, key stakeholders

Re setting up FOSS4G conferences, the OSGeo Conference Committee has
been building up a cookbook over the years. It is not complete, but is a
starting point:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook

Cheers, Cameron

Cameron Shorter