[Belgium] Foss4g website

Maelle Vercauteren mavercau at ulb.ac.be
Wed Jul 15 16:50:35 PDT 2015

Thank you Marco (and Gael) for your nice work ! I love the web site, I find
that the visual is improved!

I have just a few remarks in addition to those of Moritz but they are only
small suggestions in following pages:

•    *Home*

Just wondering if the Magritte’s citation shouldn’t be translate for each
language e.a.« ceci n'est pas une conférence » → « this is not a lecture”
for the English version etc.

For the section “Data & Services” I wonder if it is not better to put
“Objectives” with this kind of description: “What about the future of
FOSS4G in Belgium?  Community-building and networking around specific
Belgian themes?”

•    *About us*

In "FOSS4G Belgian team", I think following sentence is not clear and could
be deleted:

*« Belgium is as a country divided in at least 3 speaking languages and 3
official languages. »*

but we could add a sentence about our mission (underlined text) :

*…The active OSGeo community members today are either active in the
OSGeo.nl <http://osgeo.nl/>, the OSGeo.fr <http://osgeo.asso.fr/> or in
several OSGeo communities <http://www.osgeo.org/community.html>.*

*OSGeo Belgium will act as a bridge between several language communities
and cultures, because of it's unique multilingual composition.*

 •    *Call for papers*

For the “Format of presentations”, we could ask that all slides are in
English.

I think after the title “Format of presentations”, we need to add a title
“Abstract submission” and move there the last sentence in the new section.
Title of the presenting; author’s names and institution; 300 words max.

We probably need to choose a shorted deadline for abstract submission as
for example September 19, 2015.

Kinds Regards,

Maë//e

> Done Moritz,
>
> I'm also heading out now. FR and NL can be adpated quite quickly, I can do
> it next week when I'm back.
>
> Cheers

>> On 15/07/15 11:31, Marcos Peebles wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys, this can go live now I think :)
>>>
>>> The credits + info/venue page have been quickly adapted as well.
>>>

>> Thanks !
>>
>> Sorry, but I have a few more remarks (could the others on the list also
>> have a look please and check for such things ? - Although I know at least
>> Dirk and Johan are busy in Como right now... ):
>>
>> - At this stage IGEAT/ULB or ULB as such have not sponsored anything, so
>> they shouldn't be mentioned in the footer as a sponsor, nor their logos be
>> on the page.
>>
>> - OSGeo-be is not a sponsor, but the organiser of the event, so IMHO it
>> should not be presented in the same way as the others (logo and mention as
>> sponsor)
>>
>> - The facebook link links to the be-OpenGIS-fr event facebook page.
>> Someone would have to create a foss4g-be event page on facebook and the
>> link should point there. Otherwise it should just be taken out for now.
>>
>> I'm really under pressure to finish a paper by the end of the week and
>> don't have more time to work on this right now...
>>
>> Moritz
>>

>>> I'm in Germany till Saturday, will have some wifi but Gael has all he
>>> needs to adapt/amend. Watch your English though my friend ;)
>>>
>>> Cheers

>>> <mailto:marcos.peebles at gmail.com>>:
>>>
>>>     Yups Moritz,
>>>
>>>     well spotted :)
>>>     I need to put the js in front of css (and not on bottom of the page)
>>>     in order to avoir that, doing now :)
>>>
>>>     I'm also correcting some spelling/grammar on the registration page.
>>>
>>>     Cheers

>>>     <mlennert at club.worldonline.be <mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be
>>>
>>>         On 15/07/15 07:12, KRUWIALIS Gael wrote:
>>>
>>>             Hi all,
>>>
>>>             The release 2 is online in English : www.foss4g.be
>>>             <http://www.foss4g.be>
>>>             Feedback is welcome
>>>

>>>         Thanks a lot guys, it looks really nice to me !
>>>
>>>         Just one remark: I get this weird slow page composition effect
>>>         when accessing both of the call pages. As it is difficult to
>>>         explain, here's a video;
>>>
>>>         http://tomahawk.ulb.ac.be/moritz/foss4g_be_pagecomposition.ogv
>>>
>>>         This is using Chromium on Debian testing.
>>>
>>>         Have a nice day,
>>>         Moritz

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles - IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143