[Belgium] News from ICA

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Jun 30 04:21:18 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I've just got feedback from yesterday's meeting of the Belgian section
of the International Cartographic Association (ICA) :

- They cannot support us financially, nor with human resources, but they
would like to disseminate the infos concerning FOSS4G-be amongst their
members with a call for further dissemination within each member's
institution.

- On the basis of an experience at UCL of this April, there is a
proposal to launch an OSM mapathon in support of
http://www.missingmaps.org/. This would take place on one day during the
coming academic year and ideally be a coordinated action in all
universities, inviting students to participate.

I think that we could possibly propose our support to the later in
combination with OSM-be ? I don't know, yet, what this would mean
concretely, but (brainstorming) possibly  a presence of OSGeo-be members
to technically support the action.

Moritz