[Belgium] Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Wed May 6 01:22:16 PDT 2015

Marc,

Thank you for your answer.
With taking the lead, I think we mean, someone who is guarding the
overview of the project. Taking the responsibility that all commitments
are taken place, and if not, try to look for alternatives in a way the
event can take place in the best conditions for all the participants.

I think everybody, who want to actively participate in organisations
like OSGeo (or OSGeo-be, fr, nl, etc ...) is very busy, so that is why
we need as many volunteers as possible.

If everybody agree, I will volunteer for this role. Rita (in cc) can
help me with this task.

I want to help also there where I can, but I believe that there is
already a great team of volunteers willing to help to make our first
Foss4G belgium a succes.

Many hands make less work for everybody is a (free) translation of a
Dutch saying.

Dirk

On 05-05-15 23:27, Marc Ducobu wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My english is very poor and when I said "take part of the lead", I
> wanted to say  "supporting very actively", and I wasn't for me "leading
> OSGeo-be in duo Dirk" and it is not a good idea :
> - I don't have a lot of time and I'm involved in a lot of other projects
> (it takes me a week to respond to this email :/ )
> - I'm very young in the OSGeo community and I'm not good in lobbying
>
> But I would be very happy to support actively OSGeo-be :
> - creating and managing a bank account (triodos is very simple to use)
> (if needed)
> - organising events for devs during evening
> - take part of meetings (IRC / Skype / Bxl Env)
> - helping organising OSGeo-be
>
> But doing more is not possible for me. Sorry.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc
>
> On 30/04/15 16:33, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> On 29/04/15 12:44, Tommy Oozeer wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I can also help to organize the event but I won't have time to take
>>> the lead...
>>
>> Same here.
>>
>> So, Dirk and Marc for the lead, the rest of us for support ?
>>
>> Moritz

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO