[Belgium] Creation of the osgeo.be logo

Oliver May oliver.may at dfc.be
Thu Feb 4 01:25:45 PST 2016

Hi All,

I like the last set a lot, incorporating the apple/hat into the compass,
but it needs some more integration. I mean it doesn't feel like a fully
integrated logo yet, more a paste ontop of the osgeo logo (no offense).

Also I don't like the relief/shadows, a logo these days is slick and 2d,
like the osgeo.org logo itself.

I do also like the idea of waffles.
Maybe good related question is:  are there other recognisable belgian
things we could use? For example: manneken pis, beer, chocolates, horta,
sax, our flag, outline of our country with regions, ...

cheers,

Oliver

> Hello all,
>
> Last year before the FOSS4-be we tried in the rush to find a logo for our
> asbl OSGeo.be
> and we really like the logo with the Atomium realized by Quentin Rombaux
> (in attachement) but it was refused (they claim copyright...)!
>
> In attachment there is some passed suggestion by Quentin and he is agree
> to make other propositions :-)
>
> Have you some ideas for making it looking"Belgian" ?
>
> * The magritte hat,
> * Manneken pis,
> * Waffles,
> * ?
>
> Do you have other proposals ? Any preferences ?
>
> We can perhaps make a contest during a few weeks and submit them to a vote
> ?
>
> Thank you for your answer !
>
> Maë//e
>

> --
> Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
> Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES
>
> Université Libre de Bruxelles - IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)
> Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
> B-1050 Bruxelles
> Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Oliver May

*DFC Software Engineering *

Brugsesteenweg 587
9030 Gent