[Belgium] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Elections 2016 starting today

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Wed Jul 13 02:09:27 PDT 2016

Maelle,

I fully agree we should clarify the purpose of OSGeo.be.
My 2c:
bring people with common interests together (probably already OSGeo
members), who want to get into contact with peers and live in a
relatively short geographic distance from each other.

The mission of OSGeo.be is (amongst others) to help OSGeo to grow, and
trough local Chapters, we should get more sense for community, and by
getting to know other members, it becomes more and more easy to contribute.

I think an important point is also to help our neighbours if they want
to use open source and learn them how they can contribute.
And contributing is easy. Not always writing code and committing, but
also sharing experiences, help others, bring other similar communities
together (like the OSM community).

When is the next f2f meeting scheduled?

Dirk

On 11-07-16 23:40, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
> Hello,
>

>     Also it is a good time to think about motivating people to become member
>     of OSGeo and OSGeo.be. I don't find a link on the wiki page to the list
>     of members. Anyone who knows where I can find this list?
>

> To motivate people to become member of OSGeo and OSGeo.be. I think we
> need to clarify communication. I think that for most people it is not
> clear what is the purpose of OSGeo.be (vs OSGeo and other associations),
> of our member (charter or other), so we need to do an effort about it
> first ! Otherwise I wonder if we will have any more member this year. I
> think it's a little sad...
>
> Maybe having a reflexion about it in a f2f meeting could help ?
>
> Moreover, it was decided in the first AG to change the date of the
> ordinary general assembly to hold it during the annual foss4g-be
> conference and this meeting should be prepared well in advance...
>

> Here you can find the link in the wiki but I don't know if it s
> actualized (I think only Johan have access on that list) :
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Belgium#Members_2
>

> Kind regards, Maë//e
>

>     Dirk

IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)