[Belgium] many mappy meetings this March

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 00:45:28 PDT 2017

Hi,

This will be a busy week:

On Friday, we'll have a regular OpenStreetMap meetup in Louvain La Neuve
[1]. C'est le premier OSM meetup en Wallonie depuis tres tres longtemps!

On Saturday and Sunday, Dewey is doing a Cartopartie about their
maps.dewey.org [2]. It is more an open source dev hackaton than something
OSM. But they are investigating the relation between their geodata and OSM.
As Philippe noted somewhere, their data isn't always better - but there are
surely some mutual benefits to be found.

On Saturday, we are having the National Mapathon. It looks like we will
surpass last year's participation, with 177 people already registered [3].
We are still looking for volunteers to help new mappers, especially in
Louvain-la-Neuve and Namur.
In the evening, you're welcome to the Validation Party, which we will do at
the Dewey Cartopartie in Brussels.
Even though only 1% of participants go on to become heavy Belgium mappers,
this is a great opportunity to present OSM to a completely new public.

On Sunday, we will join the Cartopartie crew for our second OSM Belgium
Hackday [4]. All your projects are welcome, though we have several in the
works: improving the new website, GRB import, Roadmapping project, etc.

1: https://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Belgium/events/238062854/
2: http://www.dewey.be/cartopartie/cartopartie-bruxelloise-au-pianofabriek/
3: http://nationalmapathon.eventbrite.com
4: https://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Belgium/events/238459488/