[Belgium] [OSM-talk-be] OSM + OsGeo

Maelle Vercauteren mavercau at ulb.ac.be
Sun Mar 26 14:49:08 PDT 2017

Thanks Joost for you email and Jonathan for your enthusiasm ! :-)

I support your two propositions and we will certainly speak about these
during the AG (and/or the OSGeodevEvening). By the way if some of you are
free, they are more than welcome: it will be this Wednesday March 29th at
17:30 (building D, room DC6.126,.Campus Solbosch, Université libre de
Bruxelles Avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt 50 - 1050 Bruxelles).

Cheers and I am pleased to strengthen our collaboration,
Maë//e

> Could not have said it better !
>
> As I use OSGEO tools and OpenStreetMap database on a daily basis, I could
> not be more happy if the two of us join our forces !
>
> Maë//e told us you use you wiki page for your events :
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Belgium#2017
> If you agree, I'll add your OSGEOBE events to Maptime Belgium (
> http://maptime.io/belgium/) starting by next OSGEODevEvening !
>
> And I could help with events about web cartography (OpenLayers, Leaflet,
> MapServer, ...).
>
> Jonathan
>
> Le 26-03-17 à 21:15, joost schouppe a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> Even though we're natural partners, we don't do that much together. After
> the National Mapathon, Jonathan, Maelle and myself had a few beers and a
> long talk. It convinced me that we could do more.
>
> I would like to propose two things:
>
> - at OSM Belgium, we use Meetup [1] to organize all our events. But we
> publish all of them at our Maptime [2] page too. How about we share the
> Maptime page to announce both OSM and OsGeo events?
>
> - Maptime is actually supposed to be about easy events where you actually
> learn to do some webmapping. For example, learning how to make a Leaflet
> map. We would like to organize a little event where you can learn how to
> build a simple map with Overpass-Turbo [3], Umap [4] or Mapcontrib [5]. All
> very userfriendly, but still quite powerful. I think it would be an
> excellent thing to do together, because we could recruit people that tend
> more towards data-collection for OpenStreetMap Belgium and those that are
> more interested in open source software for OsGeo.
>
> Also, I think it would be very fun to do.
>
> Because it is within the scope of the Maptime project, we could get Free
> Pizza (sponsored by Carto, former CartoDB). Who doesn't like free pizza?
>
> Anyway, share your thoughts, and efforts :)
>

> 1: https://meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Belgium/
> 2: http://maptime.io/belgium/
> 3: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_turbo
> 4: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UMap
> 5: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MapContrib
>
> --
> Joost Schouppe
> OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
> Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn
> <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joost-schouppe/48/939/603> | Meetup
> <http://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Belgium/members/97979802/>

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles - IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)
Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143