[Belgium] FOSS4G 2018

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu May 17 00:34:50 PDT 2018

On 17/05/18 09:00, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:

> <mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be>>:
>
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     So if I understand correctly, we will have access to all our usual
>     rooms ? That's great !
>
>     So, can we send out the call for sponsors and the call for
>     presentations ? All texts are available on the web site, so we can
>     send short and sweet mails with the link to the web site.
>

> Will there be a session focused on education?

No. We can take that out. Sorry I missed that at our work meeting.

Also: should we announce a special OSM session, or should we rather
include OSM as one of the "Topics" and then decide depending on the
proposed contributions whether to organize a special session ?

> Are we okay with the
> deadline of 4 september? I would also like to add a submit form so I
> don't have to manually copy the submissions to the db.

Ok for Sep. 4.

I thought we already has a submit form
(http://2018.foss4g.be/submit-paper.php) as referenced twice on the call
for papers page (should we rename this to "call for contributions" ?

Also, the button "Deadline for submissions: September 4" currently
points to /contact.php. I think it should point to the submit form.

>     Also foreseen at this stage in the retroplanning: fix the dates with
>     the translators.

Maƫlle, have you alreaded contacted them or were you planning on doing
it ? Or should someone else do this ? In that case, could you remind us
of their contact info ?

>     AFAICT, foss4g.be <http://foss4g.be> still points to 2017.foss4g.be
>     <http://2017.foss4g.be>. This should be changed to point to
>     2018.foss4g.be <http://2018.foss4g.be>.
>

> This has been updated.

Great, thanks !

>     Anything else that needs to be done at this point ?
>
>     Also, should we maintain the separate list team at foss4g.be
>     <mailto:team at foss4g.be>, or should we just discuss everything on the
>     belgium at lists.osgeo.org <mailto:belgium at lists.osgeo.org> list ?
>

> I think it would be useful to have open questions and calls for work to
> belgium at . Internal discussions (eg choice of call for papers, discussion
> with catering/...) and any message involving external people should go
> on team@ (they are not on the mailing list, will get bounces, mails may
> be archived online without them realizing it, ..). There is a gray zone.

Ok.

Moritz