[Belgium] Collaboration between OSGeo.be and a Free GIS training at ULB ?

Maelle Vercauteren mavercau at ulb.ac.be
Mon May 10 17:02:00 PDT 2021

Dear all,

Dear board members,

It's been a long time since we had any contact... I am therefore delighted
that we will soon have this GA to get back together.

In this context, I was wondering if OSGeo-be would be interested in
collaborating with us (ULB / DGES / IGEAT / ANAGEO) as part of our long (6
months) training in free GIS.
Given the short time to have your official agreement (ideally today May
11th), I have added the members of the board and the promoter of our
training in cc.

Indeed, we will soon send our application to the call from ARES-CCD to
renew this training. It has existed since 2008 and is intended for an
audience of French-speaking professionals from developing countries
involved in development cooperation (mainly members of the administration,
university and local NGOs in sub-Saharan Africa). Participating as a non
academic partner would imply to organize together one or a few activities
(debate, seminar, geo-dev, map galleries, ... and ideally a dedicated
session in the FOSS4G-be) for our trainees on a development theme. The
details do not have to be decided now. There are certainly many possible
options.

In this context, *we would like to know if you would agree that OSGeo.be is
mentioned as a non-academic partner for our new certifying training in free
GIS that would be organized at the ULB from 2022 to 2026 (if our funding is
renewed) ?*

If so, it would simply be necessary to mention a member of the association
(eg the president ;-)) as a non-academic partner.
Unfortunately, the call ends very soon so we would need a decision before
the GA.
It would be awesome if we could get feedback from some of the board members
before Wednesday 12th.

If you do not have time to respond quickly but are open to a more formal
collaboration, we could add a short sentence explaining that discussions on
this topic are ongoing ;-)

Thanks a lot and sorry for the late request,
Maë//e

--
Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Département Géosciences, Environnement et Société
Université Libre de Bruxelles
Bureau: S.DB.6.143
CP 130/03
Av. F.D. Roosevelt 50