Fwd: [Benchmarking] ESRI Participation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 26 10:32:42 EDT 2009

Satish,

I have agreed to act as benchmarking liason with ESRI while Paul is away.
We are having our kickoff meeting right now in IRC (presumably you won't
get this till the meeting is over).  We have agreed to reconfigure the
main 2 cpu server with RHEL.  Mike Smith has agreed to act on that promptly.

We need at least one ESRI representative to join the benchmarking mailing
list to represent ESRI as I'm a lousy conduit.  It would be good for that
contact to introduce themselves directly to the group so we all know who
is who.  More than one person is fine of course.

What we would appreciate before Mike proceeds with an OS replacement is
a commitment from ESRI to participate so we know it is worth the rework.

Also, the configuration planning so far is reflected in the wiki at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2009

Best regards,