[Benchmarking] Test System Specs

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jun 2 15:00:22 EDT 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Anyone... anyone... Bueller?

I may be able to provide a Linux server for this, if I can get it back
to our offices (dual Opteron, 2 or 4GB RAM if I remember correctly).

The only glitch is that this server is a lemon, it suffers from an
intermittent (hardware?) problem that prevents us from using it in
production, but it can run smoothly for weeks before crashing, even if
you make it work really hard, and the supplier could never reproduce/fix
the issue so we're stuck with it. It could be perfect for this kind of
benchmarking if I can get it back here, we'd make it available over the
Net and just reboot it if/when it crashes.

I'll keep you posted

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette