[Benchmarking] Test System Specs

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Fri Jun 5 14:39:59 EDT 2009

Michael Smith ha scritto:
> We have Oracle running on a 2 cpu quad core Intel box with
> Mapserver/Geoserver running on a separate 2 cpu quad core AMD  box

Wow, that's some hardware indeed. OS?
And more importantly, could you give us remote access so that
we can tweak the servers, upgrade them and so on?
Usually these presentations involve some work against the
server code to improve the use case tested (actually one
of the best side effects, both servers can improve this way).

Even if you cannot, I guess it would be interesting to
have that as a separate benchmark machine for the Oracle/SDE
case. If we cannot have access maybe we can provide you with binary
snapshots.

Cheers
Andrea

--