[Benchmarking] Test System Specs

Michael Smith michael.smith at usace.army.mil
Fri Jun 5 14:46:10 EDT 2009

OS in Linux (Oracle Enterprise Linux which is Redhat).

Unfortunately, we don¹t have them available for remote access, they are
behind our firewall (DoD ya know).  But we can easily deploy new code from
snapshots and I¹m set up to compile from svn repositories so I can accept
just code checked in somewhere.

We also have 2 new servers coming in with Nahelem processors and around
500tb of data storage for libLAS/Oracle work we are going to be doing. So we
can see what effects the new Intel architecture has.

We also have a 4 cpu/quad core AMD box set up with Xen server for testing
with different OS¹s is you want us to do some OS comparisons.

Mike