[Benchmarking] Coordination

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jun 15 16:21:30 EDT 2009

Andrea Aime wrote:

>> Colored hatch based on floating point class?
>
> Or text based classification, or integer classification. I have
> no preference.

I think the type of classification matters less than the number and
complexity of the polygons (number of vertices and rings) which is the
aspect I thought we should play on. i.e. render maps with a few complex
polygons vs other maps with lots of small polygons.

In the Tiger data, we have state boundaries, county boundaries, county
subdivisions, as well as area landmarks to play with, but I'm not sure
which attributes are available in each for classification.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/