[Benchmarking] Master test script needed

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Oct 7 08:33:03 EDT 2009

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I was talking with Andrea this morning, and we're realizing that a
> master script to schedule the various tests is needed (for example, just
> for one file 'edges_merge' I have to run 7 different tests, record the
> values in a summary file, and then Andrea mentioned today that each test
> should be run twice, to fill filesystem cache, and the second value
> used....that's 14 tests per file and 42 tests in all...which would take
> an entire day).
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions how to make this process easier?
>
> Any volunteers to make this magical script?

Daniel assisted me with a bash shell script.  It lives in SVN in:
/scripts/mapservconf  - it makes it very easy to run a set of scripts
(in the current case each test is run 3 times each) and record the values.

Last night's MapServer test results for all 3 layers are checked into
/scripts/results/ (these tests ran for 5 hours through the night)

-jeff