[Benchmarking] ESRI won't be there, what do we tell people?

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Wed Oct 14 11:48:07 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I was wondering what to do about the ESRI departure.

We had this public announcement
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g2009/2009-October/001487.html

so it's not really possible to just say that "it never
happened". People will look forward to see how the three
servers stack up and will be disappointed not to see
ArcGis including in the lot, it really was the highlight
of the year.

So I guess we'll have to say something, either in the
slides, or by voice, or by having Cameron make a counter
announcement that rectifies the first.
The most sensible approach, imho, is to have ESRI representatives
tell us what they would prefer. Are you still around?
Please, help us :-)

Cheers
Andrea

--