[Benchmarking] Thinking about the best effort part

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 12 10:57:02 EDT 2010

Andrea,

You've got a very good point here: best effort depends a lot on how much
time and disk space you put into it, and eventually we could all end up
returning pregenerated map images/tiles.

Not that I have a useful solution to share... just wanted to say that I
agree... and share the mathematical analogy that crossed my mind when I
read your email:

   lim (t -> infinity) best_effort(x) = pregenerated_images

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/