[Benchmarking] Raster and vector template scripts available

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Thu Aug 12 12:18:20 EDT 2010

Hi all,
you can find the template vector and raster scripts in svn:

http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/benchmarking/scripts/csv (the spain*
files)
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/benchmarking/scripts/template

Each of the jmx file has to be copied to your own folder and adapted to
your ports, path, layer and style names, whatever else you need,
for all the tested combinations

The csv files contain in the first record the command that was used to
generate them.

I still haven't had the occasion to make a full run with those, but
they seem to look decent enough.

The raster round requests quite a bit of empty tiles (which result in a
black output for me), if some good soul wants to find a workaround
that gives us 2200 requests that are not fully in the black area
it would be very nice.
Or else we can settle to use only a subset of the data, which would
probably throw away at lest 4 of the original ecw tiles...

Scale wise I used the scales agreed in the meeting.
The vector outputs in EPSG:3875 do look a bit too zoomed in imho...
let me know.

And oh, the 3875 bboxes are not the same ones as the 4326 reprojected,
which makes the two tests not as comparable. May be nice to have them
correspond 1-1 instead, but to do so we'd also have to recompute the
image sizes to maintain the new aspect ratio.
Again, if someone wants to take on this... :-)

And well, let me know how the scripts work for you. I'm completely
wiped out for the day, will look more into the scripts tomorrow.

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime