[Benchmarking] Sample Barcelona Vector Dataset

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Mon Jul 19 15:23:27 EDT 2010

On Monday 19 July 2010 21:00:30 Jeff McKenna wrote:
> [...] the field that we would use is COTA_0201; the problem is that that
> field has a precision of 15, meaning existing values are similar
> to "300.000000000000000". MapServer doesn't have a way (yet) to trim these
> values [...]

It's not a bug; it's a feature :-)

When I suggested using real-world data, one of the goals I had in mind was to
put the software on front of real-world problems. Like some guy thinking it
would be a good idea to put a double precision field instead of an integer or
string field.

My take on this issue is "this is a real-world problem of real-world data,
deal with it". GIS software, including WMS server software, is expected to
work around this kind of problems.

Personally, I'd like this "bug" to be present in the baseline data. We can
pre-process the data, but only if we reach a consensus during a wednesday IRC
meeting.

Cheers,
--

#define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb)) -- Shakespeare