[Benchmarking] Sample Barcelona Vector Dataset

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jul 19 15:00:30 EDT 2010

Thanks Marco, I have applied your scale visibility to my layers, and
uploaded their SLD documents.  I also added reference to these scales in
the wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2010/How_to_get_some_sample_data#Vector_data_issues

Other notes:

- As Andrea pointed out, MapServer seems to have a problem with
generating an SLD with a LABEL (it doesn't include the
<ogc:PropertyName> tag).  A ticket was already filed:

- if we wish to use the Contour layer for labels, the field that we
would use is COTA_0201; the problem is that that field has a precision
of 15, meaning existing values are similar to "300.000000000000000".
MapServer doesn't have a way (yet) to trim these values (there are ways
around this but extremely slow).  Normally I would pre-process the data
file to make it an integer field.

Are we too late to re-process the contours.shp file and change the field
type??

-jeff