[Benchmarking] Kickoff IRC meeting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri May 21 10:29:08 EDT 2010

Teams,

The "Web Mapping Performance Shootout" has been accepted by the
FOSS4G2010 selection committee, so we have the full green light.
Confirmed development teams are: Cadcorp, Constellation-SDI, Erdas,
GeoServer, Mapnik, MapServer, Oracle.

With only 3 months remaining, we must now start to meet weekly to
discuss the exercise.  To give all of the teams time to make room in
their schedule for the meeting, I propose that we have the first meeting
on June 2nd @ 15:00 UTC
(http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=06&day=02&hour=15&min=0&sec=0).
  All meetings will occur through IRC chat in the #foss4g channel on
irc.freenode.net

I have written a tentative agenda on the wiki, but please feel free to
add more items in, rearrange, etc:

   Agenda:
     * team representative introductions
     * Establish this year's 'Rules of Engagement'
     * Discuss dataset to be used (including how to share the large
dataset, for running local tests)
     * Discuss possible server infrastructure
     * Discuss required changes to the test script parameters
     * Set next meeting date

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2010

PS. why meet Wednesdays at 15:00 UTC? This was the day and time that we
met last year

Hope to see everyone then, and thanks for participating, your user
community will definitely benefit from this.

-jeff