[Benchmarking] Last minute vote: shall we switch to 6600 requestsrun?

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Thu Sep 2 03:21:05 EDT 2010

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH ha scritto:
> I vote + 0 for the same reason as Andrea.

Well, finally had the occasion to make a run and I don't
believe we can actually present the results as is.
Not the default for all test runs at least.

What I get at the third set of tests is that regardless
of the number of threads the throughput is more or less
constant around 4 r/s (on my machine, which has
less available memory).

Now imagine that on a graph. Completely flat chat.
Repeat that for all the tests, for all the servers,
all telling us the same thing: you have just one slow
disk baby, the 8 CPUs you have are worthless.
And then hope the audience is not armed with rotten eggs :-)

If we really want to, we could maybe make one run of these,
say the vector 4326 one, to show how the various servers
behave under disk boundness, but we cannot really extend
that to all the runs.

Cheers
Andrea

--