[Benchmarking] data block caching technique

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Mon Sep 6 16:23:57 EDT 2010

Right right, that's actually some really nice improvement that we can
try next year: clustering the shapefiles
along the spatial index. It's a common technique in databases that
nobody tried out in this benchmark
(and which would have been a valid best effort approach).

That said I think at least the contour shapefiles do present some
actual spatial clustering given the
way they were created (afaik Ivan merged them from smaller files that
he created, and each of
those files is clearly visible if you preview the shapefile at the
whole Spain level).

Cheers
Andrea