[Benchmarking] data block caching technique

Liujian (LJ) Qian LJ.Qian at oracle.com
Mon Sep 6 17:09:05 EDT 2010

  Well actually I did run a re-org on the contour table in Oracle
spatial based on a tessellation key column we computed (you will notice
an additional linear_key column in our contour table).  I did not
however notice a big difference, and now that you mentioned how it's
created, that may explain it since my re-org probably even messed up the
existing clustering. Of course it could also due to the fact that the DB
box has only 4GB memory to work with. In our internal testing however
for some large tables after this type of re-org we did get better
throughput.

thanks
LJ