[Benchmarking] Consensus

Dane Springmeyer dane at dbsgeo.com
Tue Sep 7 21:36:03 EDT 2010

Julien,

Thanks, looks great.

1 correction:

Slides by each team should be put in Open Office Doc format and added to SVN (the google doc is just for tallying results not for the slides).  To enable each team to rapidly add their content in the morning I went ahead and created a new "scripts/results/2010" directory in SVN:

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/4901

Please find the "template_for_server_teams.odp" as a potential guide that may help you create your slides quickly in the morning. The specific content is up to you, but I have added a rough structure that hopefully will be helpful to some (based on what Julien outlines below from brainstorming at the meeting tonight). When you are finished (**must be done by 12 noon tomorrow**) drop your slides into the directory by your server name, eg. mine is here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/foss4g/benchmarking/scripts/results/2010/mapnik

Michael tonight was working on starting to update the main presentation (Jeff emailed about this document a while back) and a reminder for those that missed Jeff's email is that this presentation (in the process of being updated from last year) lives here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/foss4g/benchmarking/scripts/results

My hope is that Michael will email in the morning when he is able to commit his working changes to the main presentation so others can review if there is time.

Dane