[Benchmarking] Java scalability issue slide

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Thu Sep 9 06:00:47 EDT 2010

No, I did not have time to try it out. But I had very mixed
experiences with it the few times I tried it out, depending on the
opengl driver that's backing it you can easily kill the jvm as a
whole. Maybe the situation has improved significantly in the meantime?

If I had infinite resources today I would probably leverage java 7
pluggable rasterizer architecture to write my own, probably based on
the antigrain code base (but ported to pure java). Just a thought.

Cheers
Andrea