[Benchmarking] deegree & WMS shootout

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Tue Jan 15 00:10:47 PST 2013

Hello all

Le 14/01/13 23:34, Herman Assink a écrit :
> (...) First question is: Will there be a new WMS shootout? When, at
> the FOSS4G conference in Nottingham? If yes, will the shootout only
> consider performance of WMS solutions? We, deegree PSC members, think
> that the comparison of WMS solutions should not only take performance
> into account but also compare features such as the support of optional
> items in the WMS standard.

I would also like the comparisons to take in account the accuracy of WMS
solutions, for example by checking the pixel values after a raster
reprojection. If it is too difficult to determine what should be an
accurate result, then we could just measure the differences between the
result of different solutions (e.g. average difference between pixel
values, together with its standard deviation).

     Martin