[Benchmarking] [EXTERNAL] Who shot the shootout?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Wed Sep 4 03:22:03 PDT 2013

Thomas,
I concur, this was the scope of the WMS shootout so far. By now I am
pretty sure that it is actually a god thing the the shootout was shot. I
never liked it too much. Too limited in scope and way too unflexible to
reflect the reality out there. Every data has its own specifics. The
more performance one needs the more highly specific fine tuning is
necessary. Cloud infrastructures impose completely new issues on admins.
So the way we did benchmarking so far was great - but maybe its not the
end of what we can do (see another mail later).

Cheers,
Arnulf