Mailing lists not delivering mail to everyone

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Thu Apr 13 10:16:57 PDT 2006

dear Daniel,

I've been experiencing problems with mail sent to the geodata list
hosted at CN that's also sent to other lists, not turning up to all
the list subscribers.

Tyler sent this message to the geodata list, cc'ing the edu one.
https://geodata.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=geodata&msgNo=33&raw=true

Frank, who's on both lists, only got the edu copy. Norm, who's only on
the geodata list, only got the geodata copy. I'm not on the edu list,
but I didn't get a copy of this email at all. I also didn't see Ned's
followup, or the email that you posted to both incubator + geodata.
https://geodata.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=geodata&msgNo=32

But in the past, conversations that have been on more than one list,
I've got multiple copies of. Has some behaviour changed recently?

Is there some kind of 'hidden magic' in collabnet's backend to EZMLM
that's supposed to be stopping people receiving >1 email if they're
subscribed to more than one project's list? If there is, then it's not
working, and it's quite frustrating. :/ Can you help?

Sorry to spam the board with this, but I'm not sure where is best to
send reports of serious operational problems in a way which is
publically logged; WebCom doesn't seem to be appropriate, as that's
more about content focus and keeping the OSGeo site updated than
fixing the tools...

jo