Press Release Re: Telascience Support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 21 07:33:42 PDT 2006

Board members,

At some point I would love to see OSGeo issue a press release about
the systems resources being provided by Telascience.  I think it is
quite a substantial contribution and it would be a nice "keeping
OSGeo in the news" sort of item.   Any such press release should of
course be done in careful cooperation with Telascience.  We might also
want to wait till we have something to point to representing the systems.

Hopefully such a press release would also make reference back to the
Katrina work which I think was a great demonstrator for several parts of
the OSGeo stack and helped bring together several currently involved
parties.

Would preparing such a thing be a VisCom task?  Anyone want to champion
this?  I'm not so great at this sort of thing!  I don't think there is a
hurry, but I wanted to get the idea out there before I forget.