[OSGeo-Board] Meeting this Friday

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Aug 2 07:38:43 PDT 2006

dear Venka, all,
On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 04:23:41PM +0900, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> I have prepared the draft guideines for "OSGeo Interest Group",
> "OSGeo Chapter" and "OSGeo Branch" and attached below. There is
> a strong interest for "Local Chapters" and I hope that the guide
> lines can be approved by the board ASAP.
>
> Should we send the draft to the OSGeo Discuss List too.
> Once approved, I think it is better to put the guidelines
> of the OSGeo main web-site kind regards

I definitely agree that it's worth floating these guidelines for
feedback on the discuss list - drop them into the page at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Local_Chapter_Guidelines
and encourage people to direct feedback / comments there or to the
'Talk' page there?

Given how rapidly and energetically the Ottawa group is progressing,
if http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OTT_OSGEO-meetings-072006 is
anything to go by, we'll wind up with local chapter working practise
specified by fiat / behaviour... ;)

jo