[OSGeo-Board] Some whining from the outside

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Sat Aug 12 08:01:37 PDT 2006

I happy to see responses to the specific issues I've raised; next week I will to follow-up with a summary of what I see the action items / resolutions are, to be sure I understand (for example, my question about Lisa is now fully answered and resolved, and I thank you).

I realized after Markus' reply that I had one more issue I've seen raised:

- We seem to be moving to telascience to host our "big" data, and it is great to have John Graham and that resource.  However, at least initially, it seemed we had only an informal understanding with them and real no assurance of continuity or anything; are they a formal hosting service, or..?  What we're asking them to do is not as 24x7 critical as the main osgeo.org host, obviously, but I'd like to better understand what the nature of our relationship with them is.

-mpg