[OSGeo-Board] ED Candidate at Face to Face, FOSS4G

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Aug 29 10:47:28 PDT 2006

Jo Walsh wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 10:31:37AM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>> I am +1 on having the candidate present at the F2F meeting
>>> and to take the necessary steps to make that possible (be partial
>>> or full cost coverage).
>>> I am also +1 to assign a travel budget to the ED position. Both may
>>> be combined.
>> This was the only direct response I received on my request.  Gary did
>> indicate that the provided funding for the ED position includes T&E.
>
> +1 from me on recovering costs from the ED budget now stated.
>
>> The candidate is looking for some sort of assurance that if he goes ahead
>> and books that he will be able to recover these expenses.  If I can get
>> a sense of support for this now, I'll give him those assurances but time
>> is of the essence.
>
> I recall you mentioning the time-sensitivity and regret not hitting
> reply straight away. Perhaps it would help to have a protocol - I find
> myself saying +1 to float an idea and see who else expresses interest
> or to indicate general approval - is the idea worth pursuing?
>
> E.g. if this was something that amounted to an "emergency motion" that
> needed to be approved on a short timescale before the next telecon -
> one could put MOTION: in the header - or similar.
>
> cheers,
>

> jo

Gary as treasurer and board member should be able to hit reply at once.
Did we set a top limit? I guess it was 1000,- for VisCom at some point
(or was I dreaming) and I'd be happy to have Gary spend 5k on this kind
of thing. We have to be more efficient with things like this. If this
has to do with trust, yes I trust Gary.

Regards,