Status Items

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 5 23:14:44 PST 2006

Folks,

Pursuant to the thread on things being quite quiet lately, I thought I
should mention a few activities which some of you are aware of.

  1) The GDAL project has signed up 3 silver sponsors ($3K each) for
     it's project sponsorship program (Cadcorp, Safe Software and
     Applied Coherent Technology).

  2) The conference committee has decided to call the conference
     FOSS4G from now on.

  3) The conference committee has two proposals for hosting FOSS4G 2007.
     One in Victoria, and one in Portland, Oregon.  We will be meeting
     this Friday and hope to finalize a decision soon.  Both proposals
     are for holding the conference will be in September of 2007.