Time for IRC

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Mon Feb 13 16:04:29 PST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Daniel Brookshier wrote:
>
>> I think that we should stick to the foundation list for public debate
>> and only allow specific people to be in the board list like Rich and
>> committee chairs.
>>
>> If you open up the board list I can't imagine how we would manage all
>> this :o)
>>
>> I have the board on private for the moment. I'll open it up on your
>> discretion.
>
> hts at: http://cholmes.wordpress.com
>
>>> <cholmes.vcf>
>

> DanielB,
>
> I'm not sure if this message was intentionally off-list or not.
Not really intentionally, I think it was only because I wasn't yet on
the real board list, so I sent it to the last individual list of us.
DanielB just helped me figure it all out, I'm reading through the
archives now...  And am moving this thread back over, apologies for
doing it elsewhere, I'm still getting up to speed.

> I am personally in favor of having the board list open for anyone to view
> and anyone to post to.  If noise becomes a problem we could consider
> closing the posting to a restricted group, perhaps just foundation
> members.
+1.  For GeoTools we allow anyone to vote on things that arise before
the PMC, it's just that we only count PMC member votes.  And allow
anyone to chime in.

Chris

--
Chris Holmes