Motion: "Trustees and Members"

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 13 17:24:39 PST 2006

Board Members,

I move that the existing 21 "members", and the 24 to be selected be
henceforth called Trustees.  Trustees shall be privileged members
authorized to vote for the board, and who may in the future have other
special responsibilities within the foundation.  Trustees may only be
added to the foundation with the agreement of the board or membership
via a process yet to be full established.

"Members" shall designate anyone else who requests membership.  Members
do not get to vote for the board, but may participate in committees,
participate in projects and so forth.  A membership process will be
established in the future, but membership will be open to anyone in the
public wishing to demonstrate an interest in, and support for the aims of
the foundation.

"Trustees" are implicitly also "members", but "members" are not necessarily
"Trustees".

-----

PS. I think the idea of prefixing formal motions with "Motion: " is a great
idea and will help to find stuff in our growing pile of email.

PPS. Unless they indicate otherwise, I will assume that the +1 from me,
Chris Holmes and Gary Lang still apply.