Open Source Geospatial Foundation Press release translations

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Feb 21 06:56:03 PST 2006

(Orkney)Toru Mori wrote:
> Hi Arnulf,
>
> It took time than I thought but I finally finished translating the release.
> http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Press_Release_Japanese
>
> However, the original press release seems to be changed...??
> I would do ammendment or correction if it was needed.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Toru Mori

Hello,
thanks for your help in the first place! You are correct, professional
press people from Autodesk suggested some changes. If it would not be
too much trouble it would be great if you could recheck their changes
and include them in your translation. Sorry for the extra work, but it
is a dynamic process. This page is the "master default":
http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Proposed_Press_Release

I heard people having trouble to read the Japanese version when using EN
Windows operating systems (missing fonts, localization?!). It works fine
for me though (FreeBSD operating system, KDE both FireFox and Konquerer
are fine).
You would probably know best how to address this issue. A short term
solution could be to make a screenshot of the text and include it as a
picture. Whenever you are finished please let me know, then I can do this.

Best regards,
Arnulf Christl.