[OSGeo-Board] Re: Voting / Associate Membership

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Feb 23 09:28:30 PST 2006

snipsnipsnip
[...]
Make it short, 'cause it makes people read it.

> I can't believe you are saying this after your huge wiki advocacy post!
>
> Best regards,

Well I did say up front that all of you were right and I was wrong
reagarding practicality of the Wiki.

...AND none of you answered to my advocacy so I had to believe that you
never made it to the end.

:-)

But! this only underlines eveything I said regarding Wiki before. Try to
find your way through our messy emails in the archive and compare itwith
the formidable Press Release we have now. Concentrated information,
refined by so many people and still in one place. I still believe its
the best thing for this type of communication.

The 800 by 600 screen and keep-it-short proposition was just trying to
get concentrated information to many people (also Chris' messages). Its
the appetizer and bit information consumption that we have to address.
Anything that makes people concentrate longer than 30 seconds is
regarded as a major act - at least that is what I sometimes feel.

Stop. (30 sec over