[OSSIM] General OSSIM status

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 24 08:17:37 PST 2006

Mark Lucas wrote:
> For the last several months I have been working for the US Department of
> Defense to outline an Open Technology Development (OTD) Roadmap.  The
> initial plan has been approved and we will be moving this transition
> forward over the next few years.  OSSIM is going to be used on some
> significant projects within some larger projects and programs.

Mark,

Would it be possible for you brief the board on the OTD Roadmap and the
general status of open source geospatial awareness, use and potential
within DOD and related organizations?  I don't think this is something
that would need to happen till we have a full board, but I think it is
an important area that I (and I suspect the other board members) don't
have a lot of awareness of.