[OSGeo-Board] Bylaws posted

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Feb 28 06:58:28 PST 2006

Gary Lang wrote:
> This is a great discussion.
>
> My $0.02.
>
> If it turns out to be really necessary, developing an OSGeo-authored
> license for data could be a good thing for the foundation to sponsor and
> accomplish. If not, using an existing license would be good karma as
> well.
>
> Either way, I feel that if we aren't successful with this, we're
> probably not going to be successful on some other level with this
> adventure.
>
> Can someone summarize the "why" of the PGL?
>
> Gary

Probably this would best be done by Jo Walsh, Markus Neteler and the
Public Geodata Committee. I would suggest to additionally invite Daniel
Faivre to this committe as he is active promoter of the PGL.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

PS:
Jo, Daniel, you might not be able to reply to this board address as it
is a closed list, but I am sure that Markus Neteler will be in contact
with you anyway.