Greetings from Beijing

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Fri Jul 14 03:52:05 PDT 2006

Yesterday I met with some folks from a government institute that are
doing a lot of work with open source GIS and want to contribute code
back, and in addition want to set up a chapter of OSGeo for China. Given
their deep involvement with the software - they use most of our projects
- and reach across the country, I think these people would be invaluable
members of OSGeo and perfect representatives of OSGeo in China.

What is our process for this? I move we get these guys into membership
status right away and get them set up. They are willing to translate,
host data, and become contributors to our projects.

I will be offline for a couple of days; I am going up into the Yellow
Mountains here, where net access is unlikely, so I will be back on
Monday.

Gary